AIRPORT DRAG RACES 2020
Saturday, June 13th
UPDATED MARCH 6, 2020
1. All vehicles must have seat belts.
2. All vehicles require a 16 oz. or larger radiator overflow container. Coolant hoses will be checked for condition.
3. No plastic or glass fuel filters allowed, no more than 12 inches of rubber fuel line.
4. No plastic oil pressure lines.
5. All vehicles must have a working neutral safety switch.
6. All batteries must be securely mounted. No bungees, rope or wire hold downs. Batteries relocated to the trunk require a battery disconnect switch at the rear of the vehicle.
7. All drivers must wear long pants & shirts with sleeves, no shorts, tank tops etc.
8. All drivers must wear helmets, 8.95 (1/8 mile) & quicker require an approved Snell 2010 or newer helmet.
9. All drivers must be 18 years of age & hold a valid drivers license. No N or L.
10. No burnouts or speeding in the pits or return roads, speed limit 10 mph, violators will be ejected. No exceptions.
11. When exiting the track LEFT lane has the right of way, be aware where your competitor’s vehicle is. We want no shutdown area incidents.
12. Vehicles need to be clean, no dirt, mud etc.
13. All vehicles running slicks require an approved driveshaft safety loop.
14. Any vehicle running quicker than 7.35 (1/8 mile) must meet NHRA requirements for their speed & ET.
PRO ET: (1/8 mile 5.0 to 8.65)
Transmission brake allowed
SPORTSMAN ET: (1/8 mile 7.7 to 13.0)
No transmission brakes
Street tires or DOT approved drag radials
Open exhaust allowed
NO PASSENGERS ALLOWED IN ANY VEHICLE WHILE RACING
NO DRONES, SKATEBOARDS, HOVERBOARDS ALLOWED
ALL DRIVERS OF PIT VEHICLES (golf carts, quads, motorcycles etc.) must be 16 or older & hold a valid drivers license.
FOR SAFETY do not remove safety equipment after your run until you reach the pit area.
These rules will be reviewed at a Driver's Meeting on the morning of race day.
Race classes and brackets may be modified on race day, depending on amount and type of vehicles that show up.
ALL DECISIONS RELATING TO TRACK RULES WILL BE MADE FINAL BY THE RACE DIRECTOR
There will be a Meet and Greet / Show'n'shine on Friday, June 12th at Pealows Your Independent Grocer
Stay Tuned, more details coming soon!
Images on this page courtesy of Liam Peoples